Prechod na navigáciu Hlavné menu Prechod na navigáciu Hlavné menu 2 Prechod na navigáciu vodorovná



The name Utekáč is reportedly relating to a rout of the Hungarian King Béla IV and his train from the Tartar troops. During 1553 until 1598 in the period of Ottoman invasions, surrounding of Utekáč was heavily forested and offered people a good retreat from invasions. The first written record about the village was saved from the year 1593. In the records of the State Mining Registry in Banská Štiavnica. History of the village is closely connected with glass production. People became aware of Utekáč after glass factory was established in 1787 by count Anton Forgáč. Many workers came from Bavaria, Austria and from Bohemia. Count Forgáč introduced the waking up of glass-makers, when local melter after melting the glass metal, walked through the glass quarter and by knocking on the cast iron, he called them to work. This tradition had remained for more than 100 years. Later, the glass factory belonged to family Kuchynka. After their daughter, to which the glass factory was presented, it was named Clara. Later, it belonged to the German glass family Bauer, who contributed to the development int the village, open school, brought a qualified teacher and made all glass-maker´s children to attend school. The glass factory and the village went through several periods of development, during years of ith existence. The modern history of Utekáč began after 1993, when it was separated from Kokava nad Rimavicou. In the 90-ties of the 20th century, the glass factory was coping with economic problems, which led to closing and finishing its existence. Utekáč became famous also by the well-known "Kubinec trio" - flute players, performers of the Slovak folk music and also producers of flutes.

At present, the village counts 1002 inhabitants with an area of 2688 ha. The village is surrounded by the ring of mountain zones of the mountain range Slovenské rudohorie (the Slovak Ore Mountains). The sea level fluctuates between 450 to 910 m above sea level. The whole territory is charakterized by the configuration and by hilly terrains, fluctuating about 30 degrees. Extent of the territory has a considerable influence on the climatic conditions, which differ in certain parts.


Cultural-historical monuments and attractions

  • The neo-Gothic Chapel of St. Anton Paduánsky build round years 1824 (grave of family Kuchynka in it)
  • The Glass factory Clara from the year 1787
  • The manor house of count Forgáč build round year 1800
  • The wooden belltower from the round year 1824
  • Typical architecture of old rustic cottages
  • Memorial to victims of SNP (the Slovak National Uprising)
  • In sections Drahová and Havrilovo built-in The chapel for votary
  • Original inhabitants worked in agriculture and wood-treatment


Hiking and sports

The surroundings of the village is covered with forests. Rich in forest animals and berries, it offers wide range of possibilities for development of tourism in this region. Beside cottage recreation and farming, there are ideal conditions for cross-country skiing and downhill skiing using in winter. Ski lifts are directly in the vilage Utekáč with an access from the state road. Terrain is suitable also for advanced skiers. In sections Drahová and Havrilovo, typical character of old cottages, of old settlers, was preserved.


dnes je: 17.9.2019

meniny má: Olympia

podrobný kalendár


Názov projektu:   Bezpečne v obci Utekáč   Všeobecný cieľ projektu: V rámci situačnej prevencie kriminality zvýšiť bezpečnosť obyvateľov a návštevníkov obce Utekáč a zvýšiť ochranu majetku a majetku obyvateľov a návštevníkov obce.   Špecifický cieľ projektu:  Vybudovať monitorovací kamerový systém v obci tak, aby bola zabezpečená


Úvodná stránka